Wednesdays, 10:00-11:00 AM, following the Greenwich Central School calendar
SUNY Adirondack Summer Enrichment Program Information 2020
- There is no GPA requirement for students to attend Summer Enrichment; they only need to be entering grades 4-10 in the fall (classes are categorized as being either for grades 4-6 or 7-10).
Dsylexia Awareness Month is October
- Click on this link for Dsylexia resources to the HUB https://teachmykidtoread.org/the-dr-seuss-syndrome-the-joy-and-pain-of-books/
Educational e-Resources for Students & Teachers (Home Classroom)
- WMHT – PBS Kids https://www.wmht.org/
- Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
- College Board: https://www.collegeboard.org/
- TED Talks: https://www.ted.com/talks
Southern Adirondack Library e-Resources
- Story Weaver: https://bit.ly/RRR2020_Blog
- E-resources: http://www.summerreadingnys.org/
- Storyline Online: https://www.storylineonline.net/
Learning & Educational Resources
New Websites For Kids:
Ask a Biologist will connect you to experts who can answer all of your scientific questions about animals and biology.
Bug Guide is an online community all about insects, spiders, and other creepy crawlies.
Code Monster is a fun way to learn computer coding.
CSI: Web Adventures lets you solve crimes & exercise your detective skills based on the fictional show CSI; this site was sponsored by the National Science Foundation.
I Was Wondering is a project of the National Academy of Sciences and showcases the accomplishments of women in science.
Middle Shelf has free online magazines published for kids & teens.
San Diego Zoo Kids is a fun, interactive site with games, videos & photos of amazing animals.
Smithsonian Tween Tribune is a free site offered by the Smithsonian for use by K-12 grade teachers & students. (added 6/15/15)
Kid-tested, Librarian-approved: check out this collection of great websites for kids recommended by librarians across America.
Discovery Education offers free student resources that bring learning to life inside & outside the classroom. We invite you to take a look at our interactive games, videos, contests, virtual labs and activities designed to help you dive deeper into a topic —and have fun too!
FBI Internet Safety Tips for Kids provides vital information about Online safety through fun & interactive games.
The Homework Spot provides resources for students, parents and teachers organized by grade-appropriate categories.
PBS Kids offers tons of educational games and videos for children!
National Geographic for Kids offers games, videos, information, cool photos, and more will keep your kids engaged and learning on this educational site.
Fun Brain has math and reading video-like games like math baseball and Mad Libs Junior.
This Homework site includes links to help sites in specific subjects, skills and reference sources, links to today’s news, interesting facts about today in history, timelines, a daily spelling bee and more.