The Easton Library is an association library with a 130 year history in our small, rural town. The library is a center of information, community culture, recreation and lifelong learning.¬† We are seeking a part-time library director for a community focused library open 24 ¬Ĺ hours per week.¬† The library director will work closely with the Board of Directors to develop and fulfill the mission of the library.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
- Assists library patrons in the use of print materials, equipment and technology including databases and interlibrary loan
- Manages all aspects of a community library including staff & volunteers; circulation & acquisition of materials; collections & display cases; communications including Facebook, flyers, newsletter & website; budget, donations & grant writing
- Plans and publicizes library programs that reach all of the community.
- Attends all board meetings, reports on library activities & important issues, participates actively in discussion & contributes to decision making process.
- Makes policy recommendations to the board and implements policies adopted by the library board.
- Participates, with Board of Trustees, in a continuing formal planning process which identifies and addresses community and library needs, provides direction for library development and serves as a base for evaluation of library effectiveness in relation to changing community needs.
- Attends SALS (Southern Adirondack Library System) meetings & workshops when appropriate.
- Maintains the library‚Äôs computers & calls on SALS tech support as needed. Meets with tech support for set up of new computers or for maintenance of current computers.
- Completes other tasks as needed.
Preferred Skills and Requirements
- Associate‚Äôs degree required, Bachelor‚Äôs degree preferred.
- Computer skills- internet, databases, Microsoft Office Suite.
- General knowledge of library principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to speak and write effectively and clearly.
- Prefer grant writing experience.
- Experience managing a work force.
- Budgeting skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to envision and carry out a long-range plan.
- Ability to lift, carry and shelve books.
Hours and compensation 20-25 hours per week including some evenings & Saturdays; Starting hourly wage at $16-18/hour depending upon experience and the degree to which the candidate matches the above profile. Application process All applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in either a Microsoft Word or PDF format via email to email@example.com.¬† Three references will be required at the time of interview.¬† Submit application by January 28, 2017.